What information we collect
When visiting our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information including the IP address of your computer, domain name, country requesting information, files viewed, browser type and version and plugin settings, operating platform, time settings.
- Site visit information such as URL clickstream to, within and from our site including time, date and length of visit, pages viewed, page interaction to allow for analysis and optimisation of website performance.
We will collect the following information directly through and for the provision of our service:
- Your name
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
- Your postal address
- Your telephone number
- Your mobile phone number
- Your email address
This information is required in order to provide our service to you. It allows us to find a suitable clinic for your appointment, a suitable health screening package and to notify you of your order status. We ask for your telephone number and mobile number so that we can contact you if we need to speak to you about your appointment or any subsequent outcomes arising from your appointment. The types of information we receive as part of providing our services also include the following special categories:
- Your physical and mental health
- Your biometric data (physiological information such as height and weight)
Some of this information may come from our medical business partners such as the laboratories (blood samples), cardiologists (ECG readings) or doctors. This information will have been provided to us solely for the purposes of fulfilling our service to you e.g. providing you with your results. You must provide your consent in order to process these special categories of information. By signing up for our services you are providing consent for us to process these special categories of information and accepting these privacy terms and conditions. You may withdraw your consent by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org Please note by withdrawing your consent to us processing special categories of data we will no longer be able to provide our services to you. This will also not affect the lawfulness of any special category information processing undertaken prior to the time before consent was withdrawn.
If your appointment involves our extended medical business partners (for example referrals nutritionists or cognitive behavioural therapists) you will be asked to provide consent to share your personal information with these third parties at the time of referral.
Information we obtain
Under the new data protection law (GDPR May 2018) we have number of lawful reasons for using (processing) your personal information. In order to send letters inviting potential customers (prospects) to use our services we are using legitimate interest as the lawful basis for processing. This means that we can process personal information for direct marketing purposes provided the processing isn’t excessive, unreasonable or harmful to your rights. We will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). What does this mean? It means we can carry out our work helping individuals stay informed about their health and avoid potential future problems provided we’re carefully balancing this against your rights. The personal information we hold extends only to your name and address as relevant for sending a direct mail letter. You can opt-out from receiving these letters anytime by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 0800 652 2173.
These cookies may be used for testing different designs and ensuring a consistent look and feel is maintained for users of our website, track and provide trend analysis on how our users interact with our website. The data collected is aggregated to provide trends and usage patterns for business analysis, site/platform improvement and performance metrics. The type of information we collect includes how many visitors visit our website, when they visited, for how long and which areas of our website were viewed. Your use of our website indicates your consent to the use of these web analytics cookies.
The following cookies types are collected:
- Necessary – these are necessary for the functionality and operation of our website to enable you to access certain features. Without these cookies certain functionality would not work such as remembering which products and packages you have chosen top purchase.
- Functional – these cookies help us recognise returning visits to our site. This information is anonymous and we can’t not identify you personally from this information. These cookies help with advertising our services online.
- Analytical – these cookies monitor website performance so we can, for example, count the number of visits, page sessions or traffic flow around our website. This information can help us enhance user experience.
- Targeted – these cookies may be supplied by us or trusted third parties and provide information to allow targeted online advertising by monitoring web interests and browsing history. Targeting cookies do no identify you personally but allow more relevant advertisements to display when browsing the internet making your experience more personal and relevant. Visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices for more information and to opt-out.
- Pixel – our emails and webpages may contain a tracking pixel to allow us to tell whether you’ve opened an email and which pages you visited as a result. This information may be used to help understand the types of topics you’re interested in so we can make your experience more relevant.
- Third party – some cookies may be set by third parties over which we have no control.
Use of data
In providing you with our products and services, we may disclose personal information to third parties, including disclosure to other persons or organisations engaged by us or acting on our behalf in relation to the provision of our services or the operation of our business. For example, in the print and production of your health results report. When engaging a third party, we require they handle your personal information in accordance with all relevant privacy laws, and solely for the purposes of their engagement.
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to understand consumer’s wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy. At the time of booking your appointment, you will be asked for your consent to information sharing with Epsilon Abacus. You may opt-out then or at any other time and doing so will not affect the provision of our services to you.
Transfer of information
Personal information is not transferred or stored outside of the EEA. Personal information may be accessed by third party suppliers operating outside of the EEA. We will always take the appropriate steps to ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to ensure your personal data is treated securely. Data is AES256 encrypted.
You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we:
- Update your personal information that may be out of date or incorrect
- Delete any personal information we hold about you
- Provide your personal information to a third party
- Provide you with a copy of any personal information we may hold about you
We will consider all requests and provide a response within the time period stated by applicable UK law.
You have the right to ask for us to not process your personal information for marketing purposes. When booking your appointment we will ask you for explicit consent to receive first party communications via email, SMS/Text, Phone and Post. You can exercise your right to prevent receiving marketing information through these channels by checking the consent boxes. You can also update your preferences at any time by contacting us on email@example.com
Notification of Changes
We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time and your continued use of the site and our services will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms. If there are any changes in how we use our site customers’ Personally Identifiable Information, notification by e-mail or postal mail will be made to those affected by this change. You are therefore advised to re-read this statement on a regular basis.